Big hello to all the SJLES families out there! We hope you’ve been able to overcome some of the challenges that COVID-19 has thrown up and enjoyed the summer nonetheless. It’s with some trepidation that we approach the new school year in its changed format, but we know that the SJLES community is going to meet the challenge of virtual schooling head on!
Whilst some of our activities will inevitably change this year, the SJLES PTA is still a crucial part of the SJLES community. We are ramping up for a new year and it’s time to call out for volunteers to fill Board and Committee Chair roles. As you know, the PTA is an organization made up entirely of volunteers who are responsible for all aspects of our fundraising and social events. We simply cannot function without your involvement.
A general meeting will be held on September 3rd, at 6:30 pm in the parking lot of SJLES at which time we will formally elect the PTA board members (social distancing & masks will be required). We are also seeking to assign Committee chair roles (however these are not elected positions). The positions are open to ALL members of the SJLES community. No special experience required – just a willingness to pitch in. If you are interested in offering your time to the PTA please don’t hesitate to get in touch with Carolyn Adams (Volunteer Coordinator) firstname.lastname@example.org.
The general PTA meeting on September 3rd will last approximately 30 mins. Please RSVP to email@example.com as soon as you can so that we can ensure we have enough attendees to vote on the board nominations and approve the 2020-2021 PTA budget.
PTA Board Positions
- PRESIDENT – Proposed candidate: Diana Choi
- FIRST VICE PRESIDENT (PROGRAMS) – Proposed candidate: Shilpa Vadarev
- SECOND VICE PRESIDENT (FUNDRAISING) – Proposed candidate: Tara Scully
- TREASURER – Proposed candidate: Kathy Etheridge
- RECORDING SECRETARY – Proposed candidate: POSITION VACANT
- CORRESPONDING SECRETARY – Proposed candidate: Carolyn Adams
- COUNCIL DELEGATE – Proposed candidate: Ward Morrow
- COUNCIL DELEGATE – Proposed candidate: John Nichols
Open Committee Chair Positions
In order of priority/urgency. See Document for details
- Kindergarten Welcome (previously Boo Hoo breakfast)
- PTA Membership coordination (oversee online PTA Membership drive)
- Room Parent Coordination (coordinate the selection of a room parent for each class)
- Staff Appreciation Coordinator
- Book Fair Coordination (To be held virtually in October)
- Silent Auction Coordinator
- Spirit Wear Coordinator
- Turkey Trot Coordinator (Tentative – November – We are hoping to find a way to run this program subject to COVID-19 restrictions)
- Bingo Night Coordinator (Tentative – December – We are hoping to find a way to run this program subject to COVID-19 restrictions)
- Field Day Lunch for volunteers (Tentative – Spring 2021)
- Field Day T-shirts Coordinator (Tentative – Spring 2021)
- Friday Folders Coordinator (Tentative – Spring 2021)
- Ice Cream Social (Tentative – Spring 2021)
- Interior Campus Enhancements (Tentative – Spring 2021)
- Jaguar Jamboree (Tentative – Spring 2021)
- May Day (Tentative – Spring 2021)
- Science Fair (Tentative – Spring 2021)
Looking forward to another busy year at SJLES!