May Day is our biggest fund raising event of the year and we need lots of volunteers to pull it off. Below is a list of all opportunities to volunteer. Please contact our volunteer coordinator Meg Halvorsen at email. She will direct your request to the appropriate person.
We will try to accommodate volunteers with their requested position, but we may ask you to perform another duty as needed.
This page is actively being updated, check back for updates and further details.
May Day Coordinator
- 2020-2021 Changes: Subject to school re-opening plans
- Dates: Coordinate and plan throughout the year, event is in the spring
- Our biggest fundraiser. A full Saturday of fun held on SJLES grounds. Featuring jumping castles, games, food, entertainment.
- Coordinate volunteers and events
- Manage and coordinate the planning and execution of subcommittees (food, entertainment, games, prizes, tickets, volunteers)
- Handle all aspects of correspondence with: subcommittees, parents, teachers and staff
- Schedule and run meetings from January through May
- Volunteer to help out at various game booths
- Contact the May Day Coordinators to volunteer
Vacant – Email
- 2020-2021 Changes: Date is yet to be determined. May Day did not go ahead in 2020, so we still have a lot of items to auction off. Coordinator will need to determine a way to do so.
- Draft letter for vendors and contact vendors to solicit tax deductible donations (gift certificates, products, tickets, money)
- Coordinate all the donations/gift baskets items for auction
- Deliver baskets to winners not present at end of auction