SJLES will be collecting student drawn Turkey Trot posters and canned food donations for the Howard County Food Bank October 23rd through November 13th.
Our 17th annual Turkey Trot is coming up on Sunday, November 19th from 10am to 12pm at Mt Hebron High School Track. The rain date will be December 3rd.
Students are invited to:
1) Make a poster for the Turkey Trot that will be displayed in the SJLES hallways to earn an art charm. Blank posters can be picked up from Mrs. Peddicord starting October 23rd, and each poster must include the words “SJLES Turkey Trot”, a picture of a turkey, and the student’s name, grade, and teacher on the back. Posters must be received no later than November 13th to qualify for the charm.
2) Donate non-perishable/canned food items for the Howard County Food Bank between October 23rd and November 13th. Please bring all items to the students’ homeroom class where they will be counted. The homeroom for each grade with the most donations will receive the coveted Golden Turkey Award!
3) Participate in the Turkey Trot Fun Run/Walk on November 19th. This event is for the whole family. Please RSVP for the Turkey Trot and sign your participation waiver! Waivers will be available on-site the morning of the event but we ask participants to please fill out the form in advance online so we can estimate the number of participants.
We welcome all volunteers to please sign up here to make our Turkey Trot a success. Set up will start promptly at 9am and end by 12:30pm.
Turkey Trot Agenda:
- 9:00-10:00 – Set up (Volunteers needed)
- 10:00-10:15 – Registration
- 10:15-10:30 – Warm-up
- 10:30-10:45 – Opening Ceremony
- Travel to bleachers
- Welcome Announcements
- Flag Ceremony
- National Anthem
- 10:45-11:15 – Trot Time
- 11:15-11:30 – Cool Down Dance Party and Prize Collection
- 11:30-12:00 – Announcement of Winners
- 12:00-12:30 – Clean up (Volunteers needed)