Mark Your Calendars
See all the summer events and important back-to-school dates at a glance here: https://sjles.hcpss.org/events/mark-your-calendars
- Popsicles on the Playground: The PTA is hosting 3 playdates at the school playground so kids and parents have a chance to meet each other before the first day of school. Some SJLES staff members will also attend. The first two events are just for incoming Kindergarteners and their families, and the third one is for the entire school. Siblings are welcome!
- Kindergarten Popsicle Playdate #1: Wed July 20, 10:30-11:30 AM
- Kindergarten Popsicle Playdate #2: Wed August 10, 6-7 PM
- Schoolwide K-5 Playdate: Wed, August 17, 6-7 PM
- Virtual “Lunch Bunch”: SJLES Principal, Mr. Notari, is hosting virtual lunch bunches to connect with students.
- Upcoming dates include July 21 and August 4, with separate sessions each day for Grades K-2 and Grades 3-5.
- Details, Google Meet links and login instructions are available here: https://sjles.hcpss.org/events/lunch-bunches-summer-stories-more
- Jaguar Summer Stories: Teachers read favorite books aloud for students. (“Jaguar” refers to the school mascot, affectionately known as “Harry Spotter.”)
- Jaguar Summer Story #1: Mr. Notari reads from Just Joking by National Geographic Kids
- Jaguar Summer Story #2: Mrs. Berube reading Flight School by Lita Judge
- Jaguar Summer Story #3: Mrs. Blake reading The Day You Begin by Jacqueline Woodson
- Jaguar Summer Story #4: Mrs. Alexander reading The Invisible Boy by Trudy Ludwig
- Kindergarten JSS #1: Mrs. Shoff reads I Love Slop by Mo Willems
- Kindergarten JSS #2: Mr. Notari reads The Night Before Kindergarten by Natasha Wing
- Kindergarten JSS #3: Mrs. Taylor reads The Best Place to Read by Debbie Bertram and Susan Lynn Bloom
- Kindergarten JSS #4: Ms. Fauver reads If You Take a Mouse to School by Laura Numeroff
- Kindergarten JSS #5: Mrs. Meiklejohn reading A Camping Spree with Mr. Magee
- Kindergarten JSS #6: Mrs. Kirby reading Pigeon Has to go to School by Mo Willems
- Additional summer stories may be announced on the SJLES website.
- Kindergarten Back-to-School Night: This is an information session intended for parents that is held prior to the first day of school. This session will fill in the details about how the day will go for Kindergarteners.
- Wednesday, Aug 24 @ 6:30-8:00 PM
- A virtual info session was held at the end of the school year as well. Access the slideshow through this link
- New Student Orientation: An introduction to SJLES for new students!
- Friday, August 26 @ 1:00-1:45 PM
- Open House: This is when parents and students can come to the school together to drop off their school supplies, see their classrooms, and say hello to their teachers!
- Friday, August 26 @ 2:00-3:00 PM