Dear SJLES Families,
This was a rebuilding year in so many ways. As a PTA, our goal was to organize events that could bring our community together again, but in outdoor environments so people could feel as comfortable as possible. We had a couple challenges: 1) unpredictable weather; 2) since the previous two years did not allow for gatherings, the majority of our PTA team had never even been to many of the school events that we were planning for this year; and 3) we needed to rebuild the budget after two years of being unable to hold fundraisers.
But with determination and teamwork we were able to have a great year. Here’s a peek at some of what the PTA was able to accomplish this year, thanks to all who supported PTA programs with their time, talents, and finances…
- Hosted 17 super fun events for students and families
- Provided meals on 6 different occasions for 100 teachers and staff members
- Bought coffee and creamer for the staff lounge all year long
- Purchased a brand-new Funnel Ball system for the playground, which will be installed over the summer
- Purchased table top scales and butterfly terrariums for science classes
- Purchased 46 recycling bins, for every room in the school
- Purchased 212 laptop bags for students
- Collected 1,799 items for the food drive, 89 coats for the Coat Drive, and countless toys for students in need
- Provided prizes for the Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports to fill the Spot-O-Gram store
- Framing for over 1,400 artwork displays
- Purchased new books for the Media Center
- Purchased headphones, learning manipulatives, therapy putty, sensory fidget toys, instructional games, pumped up recess supplies, and countless school supplies
We sincerely thank everyone who gave membership dues, volunteered their time, loaned us equipment for events, and encouraged us with your feedback!
With sincere gratitude,
Meg Halvorsen, PTA President
P.S. This summer, we’ll hold two planning sessions so we’ll be ready for next school year. Just like our regular PTA meetings, these sessions will be held on the first Wednesday of the month at 8:00 p.m. via Zoom.
- July 6th
- August 3rd
Mark your calendars now and bookmark our zoom link:
- Meeting ID: 844 9013 8573
- Passcode: 643443
Hope to see you there!