Wednesday October 6, 2021
EARN A CHARM! GET FIT! TAKE CARE OF THE EARTH!
Help celebrate physical fitness and a love for the environment by participating in National Walk-to-School Day!
Walkers enter the school through the SJLES Art Door at the rear of the building, and on October 6th they will be greeted by staff and PTA volunteers at the rear black top and receive a charm.
You can walk to school, from school or both to earn a charm. School begins at 8:45am and ends at 3:15pm. The building opens for students at 8:30am. All children must be accompanied by an adult until the school day begins. We encourage families who are driving closer to the school to park in the neighborhood behind the school and walk to the BACK of the school to receive your charm. Remember to park far enough away from the school, so that your student feels that he/she has earned that charm!
National Walk-to-School Day is a FUN way to flex our muscles, but we also want to be SAFE! Here’s some tips/suggestions on walking to school:
- Contact a friend who lives within walking distance of the school to see if your parent can park at his/her house and you can walk from there. Better yet, walk with your friend!
- If you choose to park on a side street and walk, please be sure that your vehicle is on the road and not on someone’s property. Please do not park on residential lawns.
- Bikers count as walkers too! A bike rack is located just off the black top at the rear of the school.
- WE WILL NOT HAVE A CROSSING GUARD FOR THIS EVENT, so if you live across the street from the school or wish to park in that neighborhood and walk over, please use the crosswalks.
- Remember to enter SJLES through the back entrance (on Southview Road) where volunteers will be handing out charms! The PTA volunteers are not responsible for the children as we wait for the doors to open; adults are required to remain with their student(s) until the school day begins.
- If you are only able to walk home from school, after your walk contact Sayli Moskowitz at email@example.com with your child’s name and homeroom teacher, and we will make sure that student receives his or her charm.
Brought to you by the SJLES PTA Health & Wellness Committee. Questions? Contact Sayli Moskowitz at firstname.lastname@example.org.